If you have a really busy work or study schedule and working out on the week seems to be impossible, working on the weekends (if you have the time) can be extremely helpful, because of that, in the present article you will learn how to stay in shape doing sports on the weekends and the benefits such activities can give you. First, let’s talk about the benefits that playing sports only on the weekends can give you short term and long term:
Benefits short term
- Boost in energy and a better feeling overall physically and mentally.
- Better sleep quality.
- You may feel that you have a better mood, this is because working out and playing sports make your body release hormones, one of those hormones are endorphins which will give you a better feeling overall.
- Helps you control your weight and burns fat.
Benefits long term
- Stronger muscles, joints and tendons.
- Better overall body shape.
- Stronger immune system.
Now, how may ask yourself, how do I stay in shape playing sports only on the weekends? Well, first you need to ask yourself a few questions and also consider some aspect that are related to the sports, let’s break it down for you.
- What kind of sport or group of sports do you want to play?
- What skills do you already have that can be translated to some sports and give you an advantage.
- Did you play sports in the past?
- Do you have health problems or some physical condition to take into consideration? this is specially important because contact sports may not be for you if you have joint problems for example. In this sense, if you are new to working out and playing sports or you simple was active in the past and want to workout again here you have a few tips that can help you start.
- If you feel that you may need some motivation try to play sports with a group of friends or try some team based sports, in this setting you can have a group of people that can help and motivate you.
- If unsure on what to do, try to find a company or some trainer that can guide you, some companies or fitness centers have sports oriented events every weekend that are oriented to people that is trying to get in shape again.
- Try to go with your family or close friends, this will give you motivation and support. Summarizing, if playing sports on the weekends is your only option, you can be sure that even if the beginning is difficult, the benefits that you can get if you stay on track are worth it, because of that, you need to remember that you have a huge spectrum of options to choose from, different sports, companies, fitness and sports centers, you name it; this is definitely good because you can adapt the sport to your needs and physical condition.
Finally, another good point to have in mind is the way you eat, this is specially important on the week, if you are stressed during work or during your class hours you may find yourself eating a lot of junk food, in this case, the help of a professional can be useful; if you stay on track with the way you eat, you can be sure that playing sports only on the weekends is going to be more than enough to get you in good shape and also give you a better feeling and image of youself.